A Trim Product like no other
MiraTEC is a truly unique trim solution that is resistant to moisture, rot, termites, splitting and cracking. It is the only wood composite trim to earn an evaluation report (ESR-3043) from ICC-ES, and a 14015-L from the CCMC. MiraTEC performs to a standard other composite trim products simply cannot. Not by chance, but by design.
MiraTEC® Means unmatched performance
- Resists moisture, rot and termites.
- Reversible with a woodgrain texture on one side and a smooth surface on the other.
- Handles like wood; easy to machine, cut and nail.
- Won't check, split or crack.
- TEC™ patented manufacturing process makes MiraTEC a solid board that has uniform properties throughout for consistent performance in every piece.
- Primed 4 sides with an ultra-low VOC, primer containing a mildewcide.
- 16' lengths are easy to handle and reduce butt joints.
- 50-year limited warranty.
Brochures for MiraTEC
When Comparing MiraTEC, there's no competition
- Better performance and usability than fiber cement trim, at a better value.
- Handles like wood; no special tools and techniques required.
- More authentic woodgrain texture.
- Highly resistant to moisture. Independent tests show fiber cement absorbs 5X more water.*
- MiraTEC is not brittle, or difficult to stack or move on the job site.
- 100% silica free, a known carcinogen.
- 50-year limited warranty for all product; fiber cement warranties vary by climate.
*Test performed by Stork Twin City Testing Corporation.
- MiraTEC 5/8" compares to the 440 Series.
- MiraTEC 1" (5/4) compares to the 540 Series.
- MiraTEC performs 9X better in third party weatherability testing.*
- MiraTEC is one piece; it is not laminated.
- MiraTec is reversible, providing design flexibility.
*Test performed by Forintek.
- Resists moisture, rot and termites - unlike wood.
- Won't warp, split or check - unlike wood.
- One solid piece with uniform density and consistent performance in every piece.
- Low maintenance; 50-year limited warranty.
- Made from sustainable materials and renewable resources.
- Better value and costs up to 50% less than PVC.
- Accepts all shades of paint beautifully and is not prone to thermal expansion.
- LP SmartSide is a scant product - up to 16.7% thinner than a full 4/4 trim.
- Smaller reveal when used with traditional lap siding.
- LP SmartSide is a laminated product.
- MiraTEC technology enables better performance - steam injection creates a board with uniform properties in each piece.
- MiraTEC can be machined/routed for decorative use.
Certified to Perform
MiraTEC is the only wood composite trim to earn an evaluation report (ESR-3043) from the ICC Evaluation Service. Under strict testing standards, MiraTEC has been shown to outperform competitors in moisture resistance, rot resistance, and termite resistance.